Why Eclipse Campers Choose Us
It can be confusing knowing where to reserve a spot for this spectacular event, so here’s a bit about what you’ll experience camping with us.
You probably already met us on our About page, but if you didn’t we invite you to meet us personally over there or on our “meet the crew” blog post. Our camping space here is all about family, fun, not charging crazy prices, and being safe.
We have 90 acres of farmland available for family-friendly camping and parking, with excellent areas to view the eclipse and the beautiful Cascade Mountains. When you pay for a campsite, you will be provided with a 20’x30′ area to fit a tent and one vehicle. You can view the campsite map here.
Restrooms will be available on site, as well as 24-hour security personnel to ensure your safety. We have tents available for rent, as we know some of you will be traveling from far distances.
At our natural amphitheater, you’ll be able to enjoy nightly movie showings. Our camp area will also have food and coffee vendors for all meals and snacks. A shuttle into Madras will be available, as traffic will most likely be extremely congested. Eclipse glasses are included in your purchase (2 per campsite or parking pass).
The population in Central Oregon during this 2017 Total Solar Eclipse is estimated to swell to over 10x higher than normal. That’s about 1 million people. Traffic will be bumper-to-bumper. Restaurants will be packed. Towns will be crowded. Our beautiful location will refreshing to the hustle and bustle. It’ll be busy here too with other campers around, but you’ll be away from the majority of the noise and commotion. You’ll be breathing fresh country air!
Amenities & Items of Interest
- Potable Drinking Water
- On-Site Portable Restrooms
- Rustic Hot Showers (yep..they’ll have hot water!)
- Friendly-Pets Okay (if kept on leash)
- On-Site Garbage Cans & Dumpster
- On-Site Food & Beverage Vendors
- Ice Available for Sale
- Eclipse T-Shirts for Sale
- We’ll Have Our Own Shuttle Service
- 24 Hour On-Site Security Personnel
- First Aid Station
- Designated Nightly Quiet Time
- Natural Amphitheater for Nightly Movies
- 2 Solar Viewing Glasses Included With Pass (additional $3 ea or four for $10
- Partially Irrigated Grassy Campsites (means less dust and lower fire risk!)
- Tree-Free (no obstructions to viewing eclipse!)
- Sprinkler Play-Area for Children
- Bouncy, Water-Slde House for Kids’ Fun
- Treasure Hunt for Kids
- Volley Ball Net
- No Electricity Available
- No Open-Flame Fires Allowed (per fire department rules)
- Friendly-Ranch Horses to Enjoy Watching
- Located Away from Busy Roads